Study human brain functionality in real-time
Stimulation of the brain with magnetic pulses while depicting what happens in the brain at the same time with functional magnetic resonance imaging (functional MRI) That is the essense of interleaved TMS/fMRI.
With this complete turnkey TMS/fMRI research solution, it is possible to induce neural activity safely into targeted cortical regions, directly in the MRI scanner. Features of the MagVenture TMS/fMRI solution further include: The integration of TMS with functional MRI provides researchers with a unique tool to study human brain functional connectivity in real-time and assess how it can be altered by certain interventions, behaviour, or pathologies.
Features of the MagVenture TMS/fMRI solution include:
- Special TMS coils for use inside the MRI scanner
- Reduced RF noise filters and controllers
- Built-in dynamic leakage current reduction for minimizing artefacts
- Stimulator-controlled recharge delay and parameters
- High quality imaging
- Ability to add inside/inbore neuronavigation
- Full control via synchronization of TMS, scanner and peripheral equipment, incl. neuronavigation and functional data formats (Analyze, DICOM, MNI, IfTI)
- EEG electrode localization and position export in flexible data format
- Export of stimulation parameters (e.g. EMG, amplitude, mapping results) along with the acquired stimulation location as functional image data
- Open documentation format: All data stored is written in XML format for easy post processing
- The MRI compatible solution can easily be extended to a 2-in-1 solution for navigation outside the MRI environment